Monday, April 18, 2011

Metal and Glass

Project Objective: Create a sculpture based on yourself with steel and found glass.
Materials used: Steel sheet metal, eyeglass lenses, toilet paper and glue mixture, spray paint, book pages.
This project is based on the process of my life. The light at the core represents a seed of fresh life where I began. Each layer of metal represents growth that comes from walking through life. Dictionary pages are used to show that every experience I’ve gone through has created growth and new knowledge that has form me into who I am. The light can be seen subtly through weathered eyeglass lenses showing a glimpse of where I started. Although the overall structure shows deterioration and imperfection there is an overall strength.



















No comments:

Post a Comment